Wednesday 5 October 2011

Personal Statement


Inspiration and Interests

Discuss what it is that inspires and interests you, and what type of creative project you would like to undertake for your honours year. Consider the work of other computer artists, designers, and musicians, as well as creative works such as animations, films, games, interactive media etc. What type of product or performance would you like to show case at the end of the honours year?

I am inspired by all forms of art, mostly film and animation, but also games, magazines and music. My specific interests are character design and animation for animated films and the product i hope to create would be a short animation showcasing a single character design with concentration on personality through movement. With this i would be able to showcase what i learned and discovered this year through showing my practise based research and its impact on my final animation project.

Career and Creative Aims

Discuss what type of career you would like to pursue, if any. For instance, you may be specifically interested in a role as a character animator or in the animation industry more broadly.

I would definatley want to work towards becoming a Character Animator, or even a junior artist. I'm willing to work on anything that is needed of me until i can get to that position, if necessary. Although my aim is to end up working on films and animation, i would definitely not dismiss employment in the games industry, as I already have a huge interest in gaming and game art.

Current Skills and Abilities

List and describe your current skills and abilities. This can include traditional art, design, and musical skills, as well as skill levels with computer packages such as 3DS Max and Photoshop.

Traditional Art and sketching, Digital Painting in photoshop, vector art in Illustrator, Concept design, 3D modelling in Autodesk Maya,  2D animation in Flash, hand-drawn animation, 3D animation

Skill Gaps

Following on from the previous section, list and describe the skills and abilities you would like to acquire and/or develop.

I would love to develop my skills in Sculpting in Zbrush/mudbox, Texturing, Rigging and Skinning faster, as well getting my animation skills to the highest standard!

No comments:

Post a Comment